Role Overview: Responsible for multi-state payroll for over 200 employees encompassing hourly, salary, commission, and shift differential pay structures, creating weekly Excel reports, maintaining accurate digital employee personnel records for compliance, and assisting with employee benefits and total compensation initiatives. This role is focused on accuracy in data entry, detailed and systematic record keeping, and managing the financial components directly related to the Human Resources department. This role is ideal for someone financially minded, task-oriented, detailed, and motivated to have accurate and systematic processes. This role is not expected to be employee-facing nor involved in employee performance management processes or tasks outside of record keeping—and data entry.
Position Specifics: In this role, you would enter time and labor data into ADP-Workforce Now, our current payroll system. Additionally, you would be responsible for ensuring accuracy in ADP, including all company and employee profile data. Weekly, you will collaborate with our company Recruiter, Director of HR, and Operations department for onboarding, offboarding, and time and labor management tasks. Weekly reporting and analysis on payroll will require you to collaborate with our Finance department to provide insight and predictability into the company’s most significant expenditure. Your excellent Excel skills will be valued as you create reports and analyze HR indicators to aid the HR department and company leadership. Daily, you will utilize your orderly mindset to maintain digital documentation and a just-in-time inventory of employee personnel records to ensure consistency and compliance. Lastly, monthly, you will assist the Director of HR with the financial and data aspects relating to employee benefits and other HR vendors. Your involvement will be beneficial in critical areas of scaled growth, including implementing a new HRIS system and payroll program.
- Daily HR Administration duties include maintenance and upkeep of digital documentation, records, and compliance with employee personnel records.
- Gather and manage company and employee data, review salaries, attendance, attrition, etc., for reporting and analysis.
- Collaborating on processes within Time and Labor Management in Operations to collect, audit, and verify payroll records and timesheets.
- Maintaining payroll records with weekly input of time and labor data from the company’s EMR platform with perfect accuracy, following industry regulations, compliance, and company guidelines.
- Process and balance payroll accounts; prepare and distribute all employee payments for traveling nurses (non-exempt) at numerous work sites, salary+commission employees, and all other exempt salary admin roles across multiple states and counties using the ADP Workforce Now payroll module.
- Integrate seamlessly with the company’s time and attendance time tracking system, along with HR and benefits system, to ensure permission-based accessibility from both the financial and human resources perspective.
- Ensure compliant record-keeping with relevant laws and tax obligations.
- Respond internally to employee questions and inquiries about payroll issues.
- Respond externally to employment verification requests and assist the Director of HR with financial components in unemployment and workers’ compensation claims.
- Oversee compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements.
- Manage company reimbursements and company credit card program.
- Assist the Director of HR with administering employee benefits and total compensation plans.
- Provide critical support with HR’s new software implementation and integration needs as we grow and scale.
- Contribute data for HR budget management and department cost allocations.
- Additional HR or financial-related responsibilities as they arise.
- This is a remote position with regularly scheduled in-person collaboration meetings monthly.
- Weekdays Monday – Friday, with collaborating office hours, are expected.
- No travel is required.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience demonstrating State and Federal knowledge of timekeeping and payroll compliance is required.
- 5+ years of wage garnishments, employee reimbursements, and deferred compensation is required.
- Within the last 5 years, has ADP-Workforce Now, payroll experience with hourly shift workers, salary components, and commission required.
- 2+ years of multi-state payroll processing experience is required.
- A business-related bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Employee benefits administration is preferred
- Payroll and/or HR certifications are preferred
- AP/AR or similar financial process understanding is preferred.
- Regulations around HR personnel records is preferred.